Located on the East side of the Illinois River lies Tazewell County, one of the Heart of Illinois tri-county counterparts. These communities continue to offer the city amenities known for in Peoria but off stunning countryside views. Fifteen communities call Tazewell County home and we encourage you to discover them all.
A quick drive across the Illinois River takes you to East Peoria, where entertainment is never in short supply. Home to the famous Festival of Lights, this marvel of engineering creates giant floats and scenes made entirely of Christmas lights! Not only is East Peoria home to the beautiful East Peoria RiverFront and RiverFront Park but there is plenty to discover at East Peoria's most popular destinations including Bass Pro Shops, Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino, ROC Ice Cream & Mini Golf and more!
Founded in 1825, historic Washington is a wonderful place to slow down and enjoy life. Immerse yourself in the unique and charming shopping opportunities on the historic Washington Square and grab a bite to eat at The Blacksmith, a delicious eatery located in a renovated bank from the 1800s. Visit Tres Rojas Winery for some tasty wine, or check out Five Points Washington for events and live music.
The Marigold Capital of the World, Pekin is the largest community in Tazewell County and is filled with unique attractions to explore. Home to the world’s largest sundial, you can spend the day in Mineral Springs Park paddle boating on the lagoon. Enjoy world-class golf courses, Pekin Paintball Park, disc golf, bowling and Dragonland Water Park. Take a stroll downtown on historic Court Street and enjoy an abundance of shopping and delicious dining!
Welcome to the Pumpkin Capital of the World! Morton is home to Nestle USA, maker of the world’s top-selling canned pumpkin, Libby’s Pumpkin. What holiday dinner is complete without a pumpkin pie made from Libby’s? This quaint, peaceful village is rapidly building its image as an up-and-coming foodie destination. Check out Seasons Gastropub for a delicious menu and endless beer or Four30 Scones for mouth-watering baked treats.
Top 5 Tazewell County Events to Attend
1) East Peoria Festival of Lights- You don't want to miss this beautiful display of Christmas lights!
2) Christmas on Court- Celebrate Christmas in Pekin with a parade, live entertainment and lots of food.
3) Pekin Marigold Festival- Held in the marigold capital of the world, the Pekin Marigold Festival is full of things to do including vendor shopping, a carnival and a parade.
4) Morton Pumpkin Festival- The Morton Pumpkin Festival is the perfect fall festival for pumpkin lovers with no shortage of tasty treats and a huge line-up of events.
5) Washington Good Neighbor Days- Don't miss five festival days of community activities, food and drinks, music, entertainment and a fireworks show!